Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Few Morning Notes

First of all, how in the HELL does Starbucks run out of those little sleeves for the coffee cups? I must look like a circus juggler bouncing my hot cup o’ joe back and forth in an effort not to scar my sensitive, girly little hands for life.
Second, I’m not a big fan of the Tuesday morning spin instructor at the gym. She’s a one trick pony. All she does is have us go from hand position two into hand position three and back into the saddle, repeat. Over and over again, repeat. Depending on the beat of the song she may increase or decrease the pace at which we do so, but it is still the same motions, over and over. No isolations, sprints, jumps, standing climbs, sitting climbs, nothing.
Thursday’s instructor, Maria, is tons of fun. I don’t mean that she’s heavy either. She is all go and she switches pace and activity often. Two weeks ago Maria had a substitute whose name was Tonia, I think. She was the demon spawn of Satan and Saddam Hussein (remember, they slept together in the South Park movie). I burned over 1000 calories in her one hour class. My average is about 800.
Lastly, there are rumors of a watch party at Kings Creek Tavern in Kendall for this weekend’s football game against North Texas. I don’t think it has been confirmed yet but it would be nice to show up en masse to support the Golden Panthers on the road. Here is the phone number if you would like to call and confirm; 305-273-6123.

No comments: