Friday, August 1, 2008

The Weekend is Here!

My first official "heading into the weekend" post.  Tina and I are fairly routine oriented.  As a matter of fact, we're almost neurotic (OK, I'm far worse than she is but I'm lumping her in with me; that's the price of marriage).   Saturdays consist of sleeping in late, getting our day started even later, catching an afternoon matinee movie followed by a trip to Target or the mall for some necessities or window shopping.  Then its home for dinner with the parents and an evening of television watching or card playing if my grandmother comes over.
Sunday is our exercise day.  For us, exercise consists of a 3-4 mile walk on the beach.  If we don't get up early--before 9--and make it to the beach, we try to go in the evening after it cools down.  Tina plans the menu for the week on Sunday; this is quite the operation.  She gets out all of her Cooking Light Annuals, her Everyday Food magazines and spreads them out on the couch and starts searching for stuff she hasn't made before.  She usually shows me the courtesy of asking for my suggestions but often turns them down for one reason or another.  Our weekly diet consists of fish twice, pork once, chicken once and a main course salad once.  BTW, have I mentioned that Tina enjoys cooking?  Weekends are kind of play it by ear as far as dinner is concerned.  We usually end up going out to eat on one of the days and I fire up the grill on another.  After she gets the menu planned and grocery list made its off to the grocery store, almost always right around 4 o'clock (routine, remember?).
So that brings us to this weekend.  We're not interested in the latest installment of The Mummy franchise so the movies are a no go this weekend which means that we'll probably talk about washing our cars and we might even do it.  A few Saturdays ago we made a spur of the moment trip to Jonathan Dickinson State Park where we rented a canoe and paddled our happy selves up the Loxahatchee River and back.  Maybe some seat of our pants adventure trip is in our future this weekend, too.  Eventually we would like to buy a couple of mountain bikes and find trails to ride on the weekends.  We're determined to become weekend warriors.
As a side note about me, I'm a bit of a beer snob when at home.  I try to find new beers all the time.  Total Wine & More has become my favorite store for alcohol shopping because they offer so many beers and they allow you to mix and match six packs.  Anyways, this weekend I believe that I will be trying Amberjack Ale which is brewed and bottled right here in West Palm Beach.  I'll let you guys--all 2 or 3 of you who are reading-- know what I think about it next week.

Have a good weekend--ELI3

No comments: