Saturday, August 23, 2008

Food! Glorious Food!


So I did make the bruschetta burgers tonight.  Only I made them with mozzarella rather than provolone.  DELICIOUS!  I didn't work from any recipe for it.  The idea just kind of popped into my head.  We head Mediterranean Tuna Salad last night and whenever we make a salad as a main course I make homemade croutons.  While I was cutting the baguette for the croutons last night I thought it would be nice to use the left over bread and make some bruschetta.  Well, that idea morphed into bruschetta burgers and voila, Saturday's dinner was born.
As a side to the burgers I made grilled seasoned fries, a recipe I got from Bobby Flay on the Food Network.  You see, in the two idle weeks I've had in between semesters I've spent quite a bit of time "relaxing" on the couch in preparation for a full semester of classes.  Part of my relaxation therapy has included plenty of TV, especially the Food Network.  Boy Meets Grill is my favorite show.  On one of  last week's shows he made Cuban-style burgers and grilled seasoned fries, both of which looked very good.  The Cuban burgers I'll hold off on for now' they were pretty in-depth.  For our other side Tina made her uber-delicious mac n' cheese and a side caesar salad.  Overall, dinner was a huge success.  I think I could have left the fries on the grill a few more minutes but hey, live and learn.
BTW, I haven't cracked open that bottle of wine yet.  Instead, I bought a 12 pack of Bud Light with Lime.  It's not too bad.
I was so extremely proud of myself for dinner tonight that I took a picture of it.  I hope it makes your mouths water.

No comments: